Sunday, May 22, 2016

Legendary Ring and Draenor Flying

Yesterday, in an unexpected coincidence, I managed to finish both my goals for Warlords of Draenor. I got my legendary ring, [Etheralus, the Eternal Reward]. I also finished [Draenor Pathfinder], unlocking flying mounts in Draenor.

I was a little surprised at the getting the ring. I was 31/33 for the tomes, but only had two bosses left for the week. But somehow Lady Luck decided in my favor, and a tome dropped for both bosses. I fully expected to be left with 32/33 and have to wait for next week.

As for the Pathfinder achievement, it was mostly a matter of finishing rep with the Order of the Awakened and finding enough rare monsters for the quest items. I still don't like the "blue bar" areas in WoD, but they're tolerable if you make or join a group in the LFG section.

There's still a lot of weird behavior in those posted groups that I don't understand. For example, I'd make a group. People would join and leave ten seconds later. For every person who joined and stuck around to work on the area, at least three people would join and leave. I don't know what they were looking for, as I was pretty explicit about what the group was for.

Now I'm not sure what to do with WoW. There are a couple quests to clean up, but I'm pretty much done until the pre-expansion stuff starts happening. I am leveling a mage, who's up to 45, so maybe I'll focus on that.

4 comments:

  1. Realm hoppers. Sit on the spot some rare might spawn and join as many groups as you can till you find it. I understand why but it can be very annoying if your trying to form a group.

    http://www.darklegacycomics.com/511

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That explains it! I completely forgot about the cross-realm shifting when using the group.

      Unintended consequences are so very interesting.

      Delete
  2. Now that you have flying, go fly in Spires of Arak. It's much much more beautiful when seen from above than from the ground.

    ReplyDelete