Saturday, April 09, 2011

Vampires

Apropos of nothing, I came across a F2P game today called Forsaken World. Looks like a pretty standard Eastern-ish MMO, but one of the classes available is Vampire. That sounded kind of interesting, so I took a look at it.

Apparently Vampires in this game are healers.

That just blew my mind. Vampire tanks, sure. Vampire DPS, definitely. Vampire healers...uh what?

Also, they seem to shape-shifters, which actually makes a lot of sense given the mythos, and is a pretty cool spin on the class.

And according to Melmoth at Killed in a Smiling Accident, the vampires barely wear clothes and wield giant crucifixes as weapons.

Shape-shifting vampire healers in skimpy outfits who wield giant crucifixes. The mind staggers at the design process which came up with that.

4 comments:

  1. "Shape-shifting vampire healers in skimpy outfits who wield giant crucifixes. The mind staggers at the design process which came up with that." I'm Confused you mean Vampires aren't like that in your world?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left Wow in Feb (after 4 years) and started playing Forsaken World in March around launch time. I really enjoy it and it gets my recommendation. It's a lot more laid back than wow. Graphics are cool and I was looking for something that was not so hectic and competitive.

    I've not played a Vampire yet but they're pretty common. They can heal but many choose not to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erm. The vampires aren't healers.

    The vampires have a spec that CAN main heal. The other two specs are very much pure DPS.

    The priests have two specs that can main heal, and the last spec that is VERY much pure DPS. No holds barred.

    FW isn't wildly innovative by any means, but play it for a while, and in many, many small places, it *is* an innovative take on the genre.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, the obvious draw of scantily clad blood-sucking, undead priest aside, is the game any good??

    I don't think I could go ogle, I mean, try it out if it wasn't ;)

    ReplyDelete